WMU Broncos On a Roll and Ranked #20
Wow, talk about Bronco fever. The WMU Football team is now 7-0 after unzipping the Akron Zips 41-0 on Saturday. Now, a week after cracking the AP College Football poll for the first time ever, the Broncos have moved up four spots to Number 20. They’re also #20 in the USA Today Amway Coaches Poll. That means if the season ended today, Western would be bowl-eligible…..for a real bowl game. They are, after all, one of eleven undefeated teams in the nation.
But, the season doesn’t end today. WMU has five games left, starting this Saturday at home versus EMU.
Here’s the rest of the schedule:
- Saturday, Oct. 22, 3:30 p.m., home at Waldo Stadium versus Eastern Michigan
- Tuesday, Nov. 1, 8 p.m. away at Ball State
- Tuesday, Nov. 8, 7:30 p.m., away at Kent State
- Saturday, Nov. 19, time to be announced, home at Waldo Stadium versus Buffalo
- Friday, Nov. 25, time to be announced, home at Waldo Stadium versus Toledo
Of the games left, Eastern Michigan and Ball State have winning overall records. Kent State and Buffalo have just three wins between them. If WMU can win the next two, they could be playing for an undefeated season in their final and toughest MAC Conference game.Toledo is 5-1 overall and in second place.
WMU has never started 8-0. They’re ranked ahead of such teams as Auburn, North Carolina, Ole Miss and LSU in the AP Poll.