Over $750,000 In Grants Award For Job Training In Battle Creek
Several Battle Creek companies have received a large amount of money to help with trades training.
According to Battle Creek Unlimited’s latest newsletter released February 28, at the end of 2018 the Michigan Department of Talent and Economic Development announced the 2019 winners of the Going PRO Talent Fund grants. The largest grants in Battle Creek included $192,000 to Senior Care Partners P.A.C.E, $147,000 to Cosma Casting Michigan, and $125,000 to Denso.
The complete list of grants:
- Bleistahl North America - $12,917
- Post Consumer Brands - $52,923
- Cosma Casting Michigan - $147,635
- Rosler Metal Finishing - $16,894
- DENSO - $125,310
- Senior Care Partners P.A.C.E. - $192,476
- Duncan Aviation - $90,000
- Stewart Industries - $12,175
- Grace Health - $66,000
- TC Transcontinental Michigan - $4,500
- I I Stanley Co, Inc. - $35,850
All told, Battle Creek companies received more than $750,000 in funds for workforce training, out of $29 million statewide. These grants are awarded to assist in "training, developing and retaining current and newly hired employees", and is administered in our area by Michigan Works!