KDPS Offers Helpful Halloween Trick-Or-Treating Safety Tips
Trick-Or-Treating is obviously the best part of Halloween, but we should all be aware of the safety concerns when a bunch of kids will be walking around in the dark. The Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety posted a helpful list of tips on Facebook today that will help keep your little ones safe. Here's what the KDPS says:
- Always check your children's candy before they eat it. Avoid homemade treats made by strangers.
- Make sure your children's costumes are properly sized to avoid falls and tripping.
- Have children wear reflective markings or carry a flashlight so they can be seen.
- Always make sure young children are being accompanied by an adult.
- Use non-toxic makeup on your children instead of a mask so vision is not limited.
- Keep kids on a sidewalk or path and don't let them dash across the street or to the next house. Always walk together and cross at a street corner.
AND IF YOU'RE DRIVING ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT...SLOW DOWN!
BONUS VIDEO: HERE ARE SOME LAST MINUTE COSTUME IDEAS