Calhoun County’s 2019 Recyclerama is April 6
Calhoun County’s next recycling event will be taking place early next month.
The eighth annual Recyclerama is April 6 at Bailey Park in Battle Creek, and will allow residents to recycle various hard to dispose of material. It will take place rain or shine, from 9am to 1pm.
The following items will be accepted, in that order:
- Clean polystyrene (Styrofoam#6) – cups, plates, takeout containers, meat trays, coolers, and packaging material with a #6. NO packing peanuts or construction related material.
- Appliances and Steel (Freon removal available on-site)
- Electronics: cables/cords, cellphones/phones, computers (including parts and peripherals), copiers, DVD players, fax/scanners, laptops, monitors, MP3/IPods, PDAs, projectors, printers (including ink and toner cartridges), satellite dishes, servers/UPS units, radios/stereos, TVs, typewriters, video game consoles, VCRs, cameras, small kitchen appliances without Freon, clocks, curling irons, carpet sweepers/vacuums, fans, clippers, hair dryers, heaters, holiday lights, power tools, irons, remotes, massagers, and car batteries
- Medications: over-the-counter and prescription liquid, pill, and aerosol drugs
- Household Hazardous Waste: aerosol cans, fire extinguishers, household batteries, paint thinner/turpentine, small propane cylinders, items containing mercury, oil and lead based paint, tube and CFL light bulbs, pesticides/herbicides, cleaners/caustics/solvents, automotive products (antifreeze, brake fluid, transmission fluid, motor oil), sharps- please place inside laundry detergent bottle with lid
Newspaper, cardboard, glass, cans, plastic, and latex based paints will not be accepted. Those coming to recycle are asked to be prepared and separate your items, and load them according to the sequence of drop-off stations posted above.
More information can be found at CalhounCountyRecycling.com.