Bell’s Begins Week Of “Dark Night, Darker Beers”
With the longest night and shortest day of the year coming up (the Winter solstice) on Friday (December 21st), it's also a week dark beer lovers look forward to, with craft brewers celebrating with their "dark side".
In Kalamazoo, Bell's is celebrating with it's second annual "Dark Night, Darker Beers" events, highlighting a whole lineup of stouts. Think of it as "All Stouts Day, Part Deux". The event's success last year here in Michigan has prompted Bell's to expand the promotion across it's distribution area.
Essentially, here is the line-up, though it may vary outside of Kalamazoo's Eccentric Cafe. The list is provided by Bell's.
- Trumpeter’s Stout (4% ABV)
- Bear Hug Imperial Stout (9.5% ABV)
- Arabicadabra Coffee Milk Stout (5.5% ABV)
- Cherry Stout (7% ABV) – (Cherry Stout uses Montmorency cherries grown in and around Traverse City.)
- Expedition Stout (10.5% ABV)
- 30th Anniversary Cherry Stout Reserve (9% ABV)
- Whiskey Barrel Aged Cherry Stout (9.3% ABV)
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Expedition Stout (13.4%)
- Special Double Cream Stout (6.1%)
For those using the Untappd app, Bell's says "a special Bell’s Dark Night, Darker Beers 2018 Untappd badge will also be available to anyone who checks into a Bell’s stout during the week of Dec. 15. It will be available to unlock until midnight on Dec. 22."