A Big Weekend of Local Events in the Battle Creek Area
It was looking like the only events this weekend might involve Swamp Buggy Racing, or Mud Wrestling or a Tug of War. One thing we’ve had an abundance of in Calhoun County lately, is mud! Well, things are forecast to improve just in time for a lot of fun events for May 3rd, 4th and 5th.
The first-ever Cereal City BBQ Festival is an event for kids, teens and adults and both BBQ lovers and music lovers. About 10 serious competitors will be cooking up their individual brand of BBQ and will be judged on Saturday.
- When: May 3rd & 4th, Friday 5pm-12:00am; Sat 9am-12:00am
- Where: St. Joseph School Grounds ~ 47 N. 23rd Street ~ Battle Creek
Friday Night Music Lineup
- 5-6:30 “Super Tan”
- 7-8 “Moonmen”
- 8:15-9:45 “Northern Tempest”
- 10:00-11:45 “Allie Garland with Awesome Sauce”
Saturday Night Music Lineup
- 4:45-6:45 “The SlyTones”
- 7:30-8:30 “Casey & The Polar Vortex”
- 9-11 “Modern Adventures”
- 11:15 p.m. Award for Battle of the Bands
- $5 Admission per day includes access to the grounds and live entertainment
- Kids 12 and under are free
- Veterans, Military, Police and Firefighters are free with ID
Kids Wrist Bands
- $10 Friday only includes inflatables, DJ teen night, and Kid Zone
- $10 Saturday only includes Inflatables, Face Painting, balloon animals, and Kid Zone
- $20 Weekend includes everything listed above for both days and two (2) kids meals (hamburger or hot dog, one side, one soda)
Cinco de Mayo is another opportunity for food, music and fun in Battle Creek.
- When: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 3-10:30pm.
- Where: Festival Market Square, Downtown, Battle Creek, MI.
Food and beverage vendors will be at Festival Market Square and there will be craft vendors, and fun games and learning for the whole family.
- Groupon Plazer
- Celestina Y Los Sanchez.
You will also have chance to explore the Miles for Memories inflatable brain! You can walk through the large inflatable structure and learn more about dementia and other conditions that impacts the brain.
The second annual Making Strides Against MS fundraising walk is Saturday May 4, 2019. The event is at Stewart’s Landing in Marshall, 603 Homer Road from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. There is no cost to participate organizers hope everyone will get pledges for the walk. All funds raised will go to the National MS Society. Wear orange to show your support if you can.
- May 3-4 (Fri & Sat) from 10-4pm
- Car show plus music plus vendor market.
- $5 admission, children under 3 feet tall are free!
- Proceeds help the Food Bank of South Central Michigan
The 3rd annual Calhoun County Area Armed Forces Appreciation Day is Sunday, 1pm, at Kellogg Auditorium in Battle Creek. The program is being done to recognize the great sacrifice made by the men, women, and families who have chosen a military path to serve our nation. Afterward, with good weather, the "Hooligans" will do a fly-over.