12 Facts You May Not Have Known About ‘Wacky Races’
Everyone loves trivia about their favorite animated features and series, but with over 100 years of animation history behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in cartoons in this continuing video series. You think you know cartoons? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at Wacky Races, Hanna-Barbera's cross-country competition between colorful characters and kooky contraptions. Despite only lasting for seventeen episodes, Wacky Races has made an indelible impression on culture, inspiring multiple spin-offs, imitators, parodies, pastiches, and a truly astonishing six video game adaptations. This video takes a look at the history of the series, from its inspiration and creation, to its current incarnation as a post-apocalyptic comic book and the promise of a soon-to-come relaunched series on Cartoon Network.
- You can get the entire series of Wacky Races in one box here.
- The complete collection of The Perils of Penelope Pitstop is here.
- I know what you really want, though, is Dick. And Muttley too. So you can get all of Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines in on set here.
- If you have a Wii, you can get Crash and Dash here if you need to prove that you're the world's wackiest racer.
- You can pre-order a collected edition of Wacky Raceland here, or read it digitally now here.
Check out some installments of our other video series below, and let us know which cartoon series you think we should cover next in You Think You Know Cartoons?