Five Tips for Tomorrow’s Southwest Michigan Job Fair
The Kalamazoo Expo Center will be full of people both looking for jobs and employers ready to hire on Tuesday March 14. You will want a leg up on the competition, so here are a few tips!
- Dress to Impress! Obviously the more professional you look, the higher chance you have of getting hired for any job. It shows you are serious about the position you are applying for and you will uphold the standards of the company!
- Shower. Seriously, you wouldn’t believe how many people show up who CLEARLY didn’t shower, do their hair, or even wash their hands.
- Wake up early. Some people think they can just roll out of bed and show up ready to answer questions. Most of them are too tired and clearly process the questions and are yawning in front of future employers. Not a good sign.
- The right shoes are key! You will be doing a lot of standing on concrete and you want to focus more on talking to employers than how bad your back hurts. Wear something comfortable, but too informal.
- Don't forget your resume!. Have plenty copies of your resume printed so you don’t run out. The employers are going to want to keep your resume. Also keep it short and to the point. They don’t want to read a novel about you. They want to glance at it and clearly see your work history!
Trust me with these tips you will have a an immediate advantage when heading to the Southwest Michigan Job Fair on March 14th from 10am to 3pm!